Friday, May 20, 2011

May 19, 2011

Dear Family,


Nothing too new to write about this week, still just studying hard and learning Spanish. This week Spanish started to become a lot easier. Last week Elder Waldron and I could barely teach the lesson in Spanish and then yesterday we taught a lesson in TRC with like 90% Spanish! It was pretty crazy, we've gotten better at teaching in Spanish and are still working hard. We heard from Richard G. Hinckley(Gordon B. Hinckley's son) on Tuesday night, it was a very good talk. He opened the last half of the devotional to questions and a lot of interesting questions were answered! He shared stories about his father and it was cool to hear about President Hinckley from his own son. He sounded and talked just like President Hinckley, it was a very good devotional.


Glad things have been good at home, it was cool to hear about Devin's friend who served in Argentina. I'm excited to get there! Sounds like things are still normal at home, glad I'm not buying gas for 4.50 a gallon, that's messed up, hahaha. I love receiving your letters and hearing about everything outside the MTC. Dad, thanks for the DearElder and the info on my mission President. I'm excited to meet him! I told my District about what you sent me and we were all excited to get to South America! I also enjoyed the story about the Brother who shared his testimony at Church. I'm ready to meet the people of Resistencia and invite them to come unto Christ. Keep the letters coming!


I was talking with one of the Tongan elders and I asked him if I would fit in, in Tonga, and he told me, "It doesn't matter that you are white and skinny, Tongan's don't mind, they look at the heart, and you have a big heart, you'd fit in perfectly in Tonga." It was just cool to hear that from him. Our Zone has become very good friends with them as I've explained before, so just thought I'd share that little story. I can't really think of anything crazy that happened this week, other than the devotional and Elder Waldron and my teaching experience, it's been kind of a normal week, just going to class and studying a lot. Sorry that this email is kind of short, just can't think of to much for this week! I saw Chris Drake, he is excited to be here!

Keep updating the blog, more pictures are on the way! This week has been kind of easy going so we're just doing our missionary thing and counting down days until Argentina. I'd love to here from my friends, that'd be cool! But, everything is good here still. Love you all and I'll write next week! :)

Elder Deniston

No comments:

Post a Comment