Sunday, May 1, 2011

April 28, 2011

Glad to hear Easter went well! It was very nice here also, I spent the day reflecting on Christ's atoning sacrafice, I believe the words of Isaiah 53 and Mosiah 14 set the mood for the day! I'd type it but I dont have time to, read them. My understanding of what Christ did has grown and what it meant has grown tremebdously since I've been here, as I read the story of the end of Christ's ministry I felt a strong peace in the scripture "Fear ye not, for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here, for he is risen."The same feeling I had reading this filled the day last Sunday and it was very comforting. His Spirit was present here. We heard from Dallin H. Oaks last tuesday! Two apostles in a row is rare for the MTC! Our district was asked to usher so we had the privlidge of sitting in the very front, which was a huge blessing. He have a very inspiring talk. It's so good to know we have a prophet and apostles in this dispensation! I love it. You can tell though the way these men speak that they know God lives, that they love this church and devote their lives to the progression of it, and when the bear their testimonies of it you know through they way you feel that they are speaking not of what they believe, but of what they know is true.

The MTC live is still alive and busy and well! I was doing well with Spanish but have been struggling the past few days, I know that it will come. This mission was my call to serve, and who the Lord calls, He qualifies. So I know I'm qualified to learn the language and that I can, I just need to be faithful and diligent. Our schedules got changed around this week, the MTC is starting all of these new programs and classes and changed all of our schedules! (P-days are now Thursdays, thats why I'm e-mailing now! hope you didn't get to scared!) We have teaching evaluation classes where we teach professional acting investigators the lessons, we have learned so much from them and they give use a real feel of how it will be in the field. We've been teaching is English and are slowly begginning to teach in the Spanish. We've gotten new missionaries but none to our zone, hopefully nexy week we will! I want Johnny to get here! he's going to love it and I'm excited for him to show up. Thanks for all the packages!I recieved a couple from you guys, one from Devin and Nathan, and one from Chelsea and Ricky, so I have an overload of candy! My district loves it though! they all say thanks!

I'm glad you guys had a good Easter and that everything is good back home! I'm missing California and my guitar! I make up for it by singing in our hall and the shower and stuff! it's a good time hahaha. Keep the letters coming! I love them and they help me out so much! Oh I forgot the mention, we had a late snowfall in Utah, Snowing! at the end of April! no bueno! it cleared up quickly though and has been really nice since! Go ahead and throw this up on the blog! pictures are one there way! I'll be writing friends all day today so I'm excited for that! Love you all and I'll e-mail next week! :)

"The truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, until it hass penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purpose of God shall be acomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say, the work is done." Hell has great reason to fear.

Adios!

Elder Deniston. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment