Monday, May 9, 2011

May 5, 2011

Dear Family,

Glad all is well at home! Thank you for sending me those shoes! they will be perfect for basketball and futball! Cool to hear about the stake and the changes there, it also sounded like stake conference went well! Thanks for the DearElders, they make the days even better her at the MTC! The Spanish is coming along well, we're going over some of the more difficult concepts so it's coming slowly, Elder Waldron and I give our lessons with as much Spanish as we can and we can bear our testimonies in Spanish, so it's been good! I can see God's hand guide us and bless us as our district diligently studies the language, it's coming along well. Elder Waldron is from the ghetto of Philadelphia so he knows how to rap! and its actually really good at it! hahaha. He is always raping the new Spanish we learn and about out district and the MTC! it's pretty funny, but entertaining haha, he raps only about the gospel, funny stuff! Cool to hear about Leverson! Thats awesome he had the offered to him from BYU and even more awesome that he is still going to serve! He'll be happy he did and will love his mission and his time here at the MTC. Tell him I said Congrats! I saw Johnny yesterday! He had the biggest smile on and was so happy to be here, I also hung out a lot with Tanner before here left! I'm sure he is in Columbia by now and probably freaking out! but loving it hahaha. He'll be a great missionary. All of the missionary from Tonga are in the dorms across the hall from ours! they are hilarious! They speak very little english but still come and hangout with us at the end of the night. We taught the words like "great" and "marvelous" and "delicious" so whenever we give them some of our snacks and food they like yell with there really loud deep Tonga voices "VERY GOOD!" or "VERY GREAT!" and now we got them saying "VERY MARVELOUS!" and "SO DELICOUS!" They are always beating each other up and laughing hysterically all night, we love em! hahaha. Crazy to hear about Osama and all the tornado's, we love to hear about stuff happening outside the MTC. It made me happy to hear what Miles and Kylie said about me, I miss them and love them! I'll definitely teach Miles some Spanish when I get home. I played soccer yesterday! oh wait wait, excuse me! some futball! (I can't remember how to make the marks for all the Spanish words on the keyboard! no buennno!) but it was alot of fun, they finally opened the missionary field so it was nice to spend some time outside in the sun! the weather has been nice! Glad to hear youth conference went well Devin! thank you for the package you sent, your card was pretty funny!

Well, MTC life is still amazing! still studying the Spanish and teaching investigators and studying the gospel, and now playing some soccer! and still some basketball! I miss music like crazy, I'm probably going to try out to sing some hymns for sacrament meeting! that should be cool! I miss all of my friends as well, I keep them all in my prayers and I hope to hear from them soon!

Love you all! I'll send some handwritten letters this week! keep the mail and the packages coming! :) Hope the blog is looking well, put up all the good stuff for everyone! haha. I'm excited that I'll have that to look back on when I return home from Argentina, I'll be sending more pictures also. Alright, l love you and we'll write back soon! hope the days at home go by as fast as they do here, so far the days have felt like weeks and the weeks feel like days, before I know it I'll probably be on a bus leaving Buenos Aireas to Resistencia, crazy! alright, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment